We display the next 4 months of available courses on this page. Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to browse additional dates.
Fall Protection Competent Industrial Rescuer
Course Code: 6942
This is a pass/fail program that incorporates extensive class room and hands-on training and incorporates both written and practical examinations that are based on the requirements of the of the OSHA and ANSI standards. This course will involve a high degree of hands-on scenarios and will require workers to actively participate in rescue operations. Students attending this course will expand their knowledge and ability on how to utilize pre-engineered rescue equipment and rescue techniques for safe and efficient rescues. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will receive a certificate recognizing that they have met OSHA and ANSI requirements as a Competent Rescuer.
- Fall hazard assessment, elimination or controls methods
- Applicable regulations
- The responsibilities of Competent Industrial Rescuers
- Detailed inspection and recording of rescue equipment components and systems
- Rescue system assessments and determining when a system is unsafe
- Development of written fall protection rescue procedures
- Industrial rescue techniques specific to the elements within the “Hierarchy of a Rescue”