This course is intended for engineers who work in fall protection and need to design or evaluate systems in accordance with ANSI Z359.6 and/or CSA Z259.16, “Design of Active Fall Protection Systems”. It is taught by the Engineer who led development of CSA Z259.16, which is the basis for ANSI Z359.6 in the United States (he is a member of that standard as well).
Participants gain extensive insight into engineering principles and methods for analyzing critical aspects of fall protection systems and equipment. All formulae in the standards and others needed for advanced analysis are derived and/or explained in the course. Students perform both hand and computer calculations in the class, tutored by the instructor(s).Students receive:
- Instruction by the Engineer who developed most of the technical content of ANSI Z359.6 and CSA Z259.16, “Design of Active Fall Protection Systems", as well as choice of an electronic copy of either of these standards.
- A course manual containing essential engineering formulae, reference materials, presentation summaries and real-world exercises with solutions.
- MS Excel Software (renewable 1 year license) to analyze a large variety of Fall Protection systems and scenarios. The software can analyze most fall protection systems once engineering properties of components and equipment are known.
- Choice of the CSA Z259.16 or ANSI Z359.6 "Design of Active Fall Protection Systems" standards
- Digital copies of articles, catalogues, technical papers, calculation aids and regulations.